Monday, August 3, 2020

Changing up the garden

Since the garden was basically done I figured I'd change it up.  It's what I do.

First I added edgers to the existing garden.  This involved moving the cat condo forward, thus creating a larger space behind it for large hostas...yeah!


I decided that the central part of the garden really looked blah and should be much more spectacular so I decided to revamp it by creating a berm.

All the plants in this area were pulled out and stored while I dumped 25 bags of topsoil in place to create a little height and provide good soil.  Then plants were replanted and my favorite hostas were pulled from other areas to be added to my new specimen garden.


Here's the new area with a slight rise and edgers

                 
                    Now we'll take a little stroll through the garden.

Curly Fries hosta


Empress Wu hosta in front of the red dress form. It's one of the largest hostas, but she's still a baby...give her time.


Engleman Ivy on the trellis - talk about instant gratification!


Paul's Glory


Forbidden Fruit hosta - gotta love the name




Jurassic Park hosta - so he gets a little dinosaur by him


Komodo Dragon hosta - so he gets a dragon


Praying hands hosta


One of my favorites - Rainforest Sunrise hosta



A cute little astilbe
This heuchera had such an unusual yellow bloom I just couldn't resist it.

Long Live the Queen





















Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's gorgeous! You definitely have gifted hands. I love all the different hostas, along the bits of humor injected here and there. I'm surprised that management hasn't hired you to beautify the whole park. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete