Thursday, August 6, 2020

Sunflowers = Smiles

Today I met up with a friend to see the fields of sunflowers.  It took a few phone calls to realize I'd turned the wrong way and was at the wrong sunflower field.  Yes, there are several of them.  But this one was spectacular.
Johnny Fish and his family have been planting sunflower fields in the north metro for five plus years.  This year he's planted 10 fields, all with with different bloom times.
The Fish family does this simply to provide hope of spreading positivity.  This is a true labor of love an is a most welcome diversion during these troubled times.
There were paths through the fields, which frightened me as it appeared to be similar to a maze; something my granddaughters delighted in tormenting me by watching me get totally lost. But Jan has a good sense of direction and we returned unscathed.
All the sunflowers face the same direction.  Well, there's always that one that doesn't take direction well.
We found a tractor parked in the middle of the fields and my friend Jan couldn't help but to take it for a spin.
She brought along a glass ball and at first I was expecting her to transform into a gypsy and read my future, but it was for a photo op. 

The images are concave and upside down and pretty cool.

There were even some red sunflowers.

There was a lovely farm across the street and a piece of antique farm equipment.

All in all it was a nice way to spend time with a friend.

Long Live the Queen

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, what gorgeous sunflowers! And red ones too! I'm sure you had a fantastic time with your friend. I would definitely get lost in there. My sense of direction seems to have got old like me. hahaha. You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete