Friday, July 22, 2011

Just trying to avoid head injuries

After ducking under the Quaking aspen branches that hang down for longer than I can remember, and risking getting my eyes poked out...I finally took action.  This is what the area looked like before.  




I didn't want to just cut the branches because I'd lose the shade from them for the hostas.  Oh what to do, what to do?


Shopping!  That's the answer!  I found an inexpensive metal trellis that matches the color of the other structure in that area to solve the problem.  I still had to cut a couple of branches, but not big ones, so I've kept the shade and made the area safer to walk through.  Why have a garden path if you can't stroll on it, right?


Now I also have another area to support the clematis that was out there, plus add another one to the other side.  Ah...more view to enjoy from the arbor.


Long Live the Queen of the Trellis

No comments:

Post a Comment